Golf and Club Operations Assistant
To the Director of Golf and Operations (David Fulcher)
An exciting opportunity to develop a diverse range of skills within the management of an aspirational “Top 100 Golf Club”. The successful candidate will support the Events Manager and the Club /Membership administrator with the day-to-day activities and operations of the Club. In addition, the candidate will support the Director of Golf and Operations with day-to-day management of the Club and support in delivering exceptional member and visitor customer service.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
The role will include supporting the various membership processes, enhancing member engagement, assisting in the delivery of golf days and events, support of day-to-day golf club activities, assist with presentation of the clubhouse and manage contracts with various suppliers to the necessary standards. Support in the delivery of effective health and safety management. This is not an exhaustive list and a number of various roles within the management of the Club are expected.
- Knowledge of social media and relevant platforms to effectively market a variety of revenue areas within the Club.
- Answering phones and routing calls to appropriate person, or taking messages and actioning as required.
- Preparing appropriate documentation and/or reports for calendars, bulletins and newsletters, distributing and displaying where necessary.
- Responding to emails, forwarding to relevant staff for response, as required.
- Ensuring website is up to date with club events and general information.
- Responding to enquiries from members and visitors in an effective and efficient manner
On the day delivery of events and supporting membership activities
- Provide event support for golf days, corporate events and room hire functions for the Club acting as a front of house and to provide excellent service.
- Attention to detail and focus on delivery of an exceptional experience is required
- Support the Club & Membership Administrator in the management of membership applications and membership functions.
- Work under minimum supervision, and at pace, assisting other members of the team, sharing workload and providing cover for leave or other absences where appropriate.
- Prioritise own workload, exercising judgement when dealing with members or external contacts.
- Communicate regularly through meetings with teams and individuals and provide opportunity for two-way feedback.
- Construct a file summarising the key office procedures with accompanying guidance on delivery methods to assist other members of staff providing cover when the postholder is absent, e.g. annual leave, sickness.
- Support health and safety functions and help to monitor general presentation standards of the Club.
- Carry out other reasonable duties that may be requested by the General Committee to ensure an efficient and effective service.
- People focused, Strong interpersonal skills and able to maintain a congenial rapport in all dealings with a variety of people.
- Focus on customer service excellence, awareness of importance of building member and client relationships.
- Professional conduct and appearance, passion for Club operations, hard-working, reliable, enthusiastic, self-motivated, keen to learn, flexible, pays attention to detail, uses initiative.
- Able to work independently with minimum of supervision, effective and natural communicator, good selling skills, honest, trustworthy and punctual.
Qualifications and Experience:
- IT literate with experience of relevant software applications (PC and/or Mac), computerised POS and tee time system (preferably Intelligent Golf).
- Knowledge and previous experience of golf operations and knowledge about golf
- Marketing experience and use of social media is preferable
This role descriptor is not exhaustive; it is intended as a guide to the duties, skills and responsibilities involved in the post.
If interested please send a covering letter and CV to
Deadline for applications is 23rd July 2021.